Every organization completes their work through processes. A Jira Workflow allows you to create and manage your work processes more effectively and efficiently. Indeed, a Jira Workflow allows you to automate many of the mundane but important aspects of the work process.
“Jira Core Workflows” takes a step-by-step learning approach to Jira Workflows. Starting with the basics of building a workflow, you will then advance to automating and customizing your workflow.
In this book you will learn how to:
- Build a Jira Core Workflow
- Create Statuses and Transitions
- Add a work-team to the workflow
- Automate workflows
- Set Conditions
- Create Transition Post-functions
- Create Workflow Screens
- Automate notifying those involved in the process when specific events occur
- Automate changing field values
- Automate the transfer of work to the next individual/department in the process
- Allow all team members to track the progress of the work product
- Allow who can work on a task depending on the process step
- Allow who can see the task depending on the process step
- Allow who can give approvals and then move the process forward
Everything listed above can be accomplished by business teams without I.T. involvement.
Jira Workflows is written for the non-I.T. business user. It explains how Jira Workflows work in non-technical language and includes practical exercises.
NOTE: Jira Workflows assumes you are a Jira Administrator having a moderate level of experience with Jira Core. If not, it is recommended you purchase “Jira Core Basics” to understand the fundamentals of Jira Core.
NOTE: Due to the volume and complexity of images it is recommended you view Jira Workflows with screen sizes 9 inches (23 cm) or larger, or purchase the paperback version.