A common business requirement in Jira Core is the need to give Users unique permissions within a Jira Core project and, at the same time, to restrict Users from having visibility and access to other projects.
This is a single 1 hour lesson that will teach the student how to restrict Users to a single project. During the course the student will learn how to:
- Create Users, Groups, and Project Roles
- Grant Groups access to Jira Core
- Assign the Users, Groups and Roles to a specific project
- Create a project specific permission scheme
- Grant the groups unique permissions
- Edit the Default permission scheme
- Edit the Jira-core-users group
The lesson contains a mix of theory, exercises, and best practices that not only instructs the student in how to build the solution, but also explains why we are doing so.
Note: This is an intermediate topic and assumes that the student has a good basic knowledge of Jira Core. If not, we recommend first taking one of our Jira Core basic courses.